Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
- Valid Passport (Not photocopy) –– To Be Submitted Along With the Application Form. Passport will be mailed back once your Visa has been processed.
- Completed (Filled in) Application Form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary/Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order/Cashier's Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- A Visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
- Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
- Drop-in Visa applications will be processed within 7 business days from the date the application is received at the Embassy, while mail-in Visa applications will be processed within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of receipt of the application.
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for FedEx, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Note: For those traveling to Kenya with their pets, please contact the embassy.
- Please ensure that all your paperwork is well organized ( i.e. photo stapled at the top left side of Application form, while your itinerary and application form are together)
General Consulates of Kenya: